Epic World Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming SOON!HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inXat Chatbox
Latest topics
» I'M HERE
thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:27 am by doctord00d

» Best Black Ops kill(s)?
thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:06 pm by mikaylahj

» OFFICIAL GAME CAMPAIGN BETA:
thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:03 pm by mikaylahj

» poznan apartamenty pomaranczarnia
thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:47 am by Guest

» gdansk hotele stare miasto
thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 2:57 pm by Guest

» jantar kwatery domki
thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:58 pm by Guest

» The CPU Fan or something making a loud noise frequently, when i start it every morning. What may?
thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:24 pm by Guest

» teen boys feeling boobs
thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:56 pm by Guest

» noclegi krynica zdrój
thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:01 pm by Guest

Top posters
PuritY (1468)
thoughts on Religion I_vote_lcapthoughts on Religion I_voting_barthoughts on Religion I_vote_rcap 
Red (1357)
thoughts on Religion I_vote_lcapthoughts on Religion I_voting_barthoughts on Religion I_vote_rcap 
Chieffan (1331)
KeaTon (1222)
KrustyBoBo (1193)
Henry (1176)
Bones44 (1130)
skeletor (879)
SmoothCopyCat (848)
DoCuMENTation (819)
Forum Clock
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Partners

HissingWorms TheForumsNG

thoughts on Religion

Go down 
+11
Red
Quantice
Soul
doctord00d
Chieffan
DeadTime
DoCuMENTation
PuritY
KeaTon
Artemis
KrustyBoBo
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KrustyBoBo
bad disposition
KrustyBoBo

thoughts on Religion Empty
PostSubject: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:24 am

what's yours.
I'll post mine if I get some good responses
Back to top Go down
Artemis
EWW Member
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:31 am

I'm technically Roman Catholic, but I'm not a firm believer. Sure, the whole treat everyone with some respect and help them out is fine... but...it seems more like an Aesop's fable to me. ''...and the moral of the story is: ____''
Everyone fighting over their own religion is just silly. OK, we believe there's a big bad in the sky that's watching over us and will punish if we do wrong, and reward the good. Who gives a flying F&*^ about which religion is 'better'.

I can't stand the atheists either because they're mostly arrogant jackasses, who tip their top hats at Darwin and wag their finger at the religion enthusiasts scwabbling over the promised land.
Back to top Go down
KeaTon
Captain Charisma
KeaTon

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:43 am

God isn't real.. People think that they see "angels" This is just hallucinations. we all live die and rot. This is the truth
Back to top Go down
PuritY
#1 in your hearts
PuritY

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:44 am

I personally believe in God. It is the religion I have chosen to follow, and I'm sticking to it.
Back to top Go down
DoCuMENTation
lol hes asian
DoCuMENTation

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:49 am

I beleive in God, and Jesus.
Back to top Go down
DeadTime
Im secretly good
DeadTime

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:15 pm

I don't believe in God-I presonly think it is one big lie.
Back to top Go down
KrustyBoBo
bad disposition
KrustyBoBo

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:21 pm

SnipeDatEgg wrote:
God isn't real.. People think that they see "angels" This is just hallucinations. we all live die and rot. This is the truth

thoughts on Religion Trollyx

I like the responses, but why not get into more detail?
Back to top Go down
Chieffan
Shake N Bake
Chieffan

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:27 pm

SnipeDatEgg wrote:

Give me proof and you will settle a question the world has been trying to answer since man was created.

I'm not saying that I do believe, but, I'm not saying that I dont believe.

There is NO WAY to tell for sure. Just accept others beliefs. You dont have to follow them.
Back to top Go down
doctord00d
It's only rain.
doctord00d

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:38 pm

Religion is just complete and utter BS to me. The world is the way it is today, because of religion. religion starts wars, religion ruins the economy, religion kills people. It's just ridiculous what people would go to, to protect their views on something someone made up hundreds years ago, and that they can't even prove. I'm still wondering how people in this day and age can beleive in a "god" and "heaven", when there's NO proof at all, and they're mainly basing their veiws on myths and legends that were passed down from generations, and probably got mistold worse every time. Think about it, what if there were no religions in the world? To start off, there would only be one country, and that would obviously stop a large amount of wars. Also, people would be a lot more afraid of death, because the foolish beleivers would realize, hey, this is all i got, i'm not gonna turn into a goat or go to an eternal sanctuary. Religion just makes me so mad... I can't even comprehend the logic behind someone's idea of "heaven"... if i had one wish, it would be to erase religion off of the minds of everyone. The world would probably be a happier place. And yes, i'm Athiest. >.>
Back to top Go down
KeaTon
Captain Charisma
KeaTon

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:39 pm

I'll go into more detail later. But for now I need to think of a good speech to give about this.
Back to top Go down
Soul
EWW Member

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 5:06 pm

I'm Christian but I'm cool with people believing in anything. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Quantice
EWW Member

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 5:51 pm

I don't believe in God because God is the Devil.
Back to top Go down
Red
Darkness In The Light
Red

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:10 pm

im christian but if someone is an athiast i wont flip out :]
Back to top Go down
Bones44
Psychopath
Bones44

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:38 am

I believe in God, but I'm ok with every other religion. The only people I don't like are the extremists who kill to reach nirvana and get 72 virgins. Also, somewhat jokingly about that, did they ever specify if they were hot, or what gender they were? People can have their own views, as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's lives. (I understand certain religions which require followers to pray at certain times of days, and that doesn't count as interference.)
Back to top Go down
DoCuMENTation
lol hes asian
DoCuMENTation

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:41 am

Quantice wrote:
I don't believe in God because God is the Devil.
If you dont beleive in God why did you capitialize his name?
Back to top Go down
Soul
EWW Member

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:52 am

Bones44 wrote:
I believe in God, but I'm ok with every other religion. The only people I don't like are the extremists who kill to reach nirvana and get 72 virgins. Also, somewhat jokingly about that, did they ever specify if they were hot, or what gender they were? People can have their own views, as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's lives. (I understand certain religions which require followers to pray at certain times of days, and that doesn't count as interference.)
Nirvana is budhism and suicide bombing for heaven is Islam.So killing to reach nirvana and 72 virgins doesn't make a lot of sense.Sorry for nitpicking. Razz
Back to top Go down
Bones44
Psychopath
Bones44

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:57 am

Soul wrote:
Bones44 wrote:
Nirvana is budhism and suicide bombing for heaven is Islam.So killing to reach nirvana and 72 virgins doesn't make a lot of sense.Sorry for nitpicking. Razz

Ehh I know. Kinda grouped them all together lol. Wasn't sure what to call their heaven, couldn't think of the word. I think I was thinking of "their sanctuary" or something. lmao. But yeah, Razz My main point was that I don't like extremists that make religions look bad.
Back to top Go down
Soul
EWW Member

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:00 am

Bones44 wrote:

Ehh I know. Kinda grouped them all together lol. Wasn't sure what to call their heaven, couldn't think of the word. I think I was thinking of "their sanctuary" or something. lmao. But yeah, Razz My main point was that I don't like extremists that make religions look bad.
XD I agree though, taking religion too seriously is dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Lzbthphlp2
EWW Member
Lzbthphlp2

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:56 am

Artemis wrote:
I'm technically Roman Catholic, but I'm not a firm believer. Sure, the whole treat everyone with some respect and help them out is fine... but...it seems more like an Aesop's fable to me. ''...and the moral of the story is: ____''
Everyone fighting over their own religion is just silly. OK, we believe there's a big bad in the sky that's watching over us and will punish if we do wrong, and reward the good. Who gives a flying F&*^ about which religion is 'better'.

I can't stand the atheists either because they're mostly arrogant jackasses, who tip their top hats at Darwin and wag their finger at the religion enthusiasts scwabbling over the promised land.

People care cuz they obviously think that their religion is all about creating the world and whatnot, and being the one true religion.
They don't have to be in the sky. You saying your parents don't do that?

SnipeDatEgg wrote:

What do you dream about? You don't think that sometimes they're real, that it could happen in real life?

EvilOne wrote:
I don't believe in God-I presonly think it is one big lie.
As long as you aren't forced, think all what you want. Smile

drdude17 wrote:
Religion is just complete and utter BS to me. The world is the way it is today, because of religion. religion starts wars, religion ruins the economy, religion kills people. It's just ridiculous what people would go to, to protect their views on something someone made up hundreds years ago, and that they can't even prove. I'm still wondering how people in this day and age can beleive in a "god" and "heaven", when there's NO proof at all, and they're mainly basing their veiws on myths and legends that were passed down from generations, and probably got mistold worse every time. Think about it, what if there were no religions in the world? To start off, there would only be one country, and that would obviously stop a large amount of wars. Also, people would be a lot more afraid of death, because the foolish beleivers would realize, hey, this is all i got, i'm not gonna turn into a goat or go to an eternal sanctuary. Religion just makes me so mad... I can't even comprehend the logic behind someone's idea of "heaven"... if i had one wish, it would be to erase religion off of the minds of everyone. The world would probably be a happier place. And yes, i'm Athiest. >.>

I must say, you are awfully narrow-minded. Stop looking at one side. The one about the stories and the myths. Try this, take a look into what people actually think from their point of view.
Since this comp fails at highlighting right now, time for disorganized chatter.

Myths and legends eh? You honestly think that no one would turn into a rebel, if they thought like you?
They wouldn't try to disprove it?
Seems to me you're just basing too much on stereotypes.

If there's no proof it ever happened, as you say, then why do religious people believe it? You really don't think that some people go for straight up evidence and aren't satisfied if there isn't?
If you really want your wish, research it up, present the evidence, if you're really serious about it. If not, think about this.
People argue all the time. If you took religion out, there'd still be wars. There's always something contestable.
Stop talking about it as if religion is the cause for everything.

Yeah this is the blame for everything, controversial there.

Brink wrote:
im christian but if someone is an athiast i wont flip out :]
We're not preaching anything, forcing this on atheists and others. It's called, new ideas.
Agreeing with Brink there.

Not everyone wants to be a world changer.
Back to top Go down
KrustyBoBo
bad disposition
KrustyBoBo

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 12:31 pm

I'm Catholic, not a good one.
not an atheist, but no where near religious.

if it's worth killing thousands of people for your religion, what's the point of believing in peace, just because people don't believe what you believe in, is rather idiotic.
Back to top Go down
KidFrost
EWW Member
KidFrost

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:45 am

KrustyBoBo wrote:
I'm Catholic, not a good one.
not an atheist, but no where near religious.

if it's worth killing thousands of people for your religion, what's the point of believing in peace, just because people don't believe what you believe in, is rather idiotic.
I think religion is stupid
It justs makes Us more seperated
If we can destroy religion
We can become closer to one another
And Not Going Around Killing eachother because your religion says soo.
Btw im catholic ;/
Back to top Go down
KeaTon
Captain Charisma
KeaTon

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:56 am

People die, rot and thats it. God is not real. All religions are not real. People have to believe in something in order to live. Thats a fact. If theirs nothing to believe in they "make their own something to believe in" These are seperated into religions. I go to church. Only because I have to.
Back to top Go down
Chieffan
Shake N Bake
Chieffan

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 10:17 am

ShankNGanked wrote:
People die, rot and thats it. God is not real. All religions are not real. People have to believe in something in order to live. Thats a fact. If theirs nothing to believe in they "make their own something to believe in" These are seperated into religions. I go to church. Only because I have to.

I hate when people do that. Just becuase you believe one thing, it doenst mean everyone else has to believe what you believe.

Dont say God isnt real, becuase you dont know that.

Just accept others, it will make life so much easier.

"People have to believe in something in order to live. Thats a fact." Your trying to make other people believe that your way is the only way. In my opinion, thats terrible.
Back to top Go down
KeaTon
Captain Charisma
KeaTon

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:42 am

No, I stated a fact. If people have nothing to live for then why live? So they make things up in their mind to elude from reality. I can't tell you god isn't real for a fact. But i'm 98% sure. When people are having a bad day or feel they should live anymore (depressed) they pray because it gives them hope that their is better then what they are currently at.. I'll make a whole speach about this, I truely believe God or any other religion is not real.
Back to top Go down
Lzbthphlp2
EWW Member
Lzbthphlp2

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:58 am

SnipeD wrote:
No, I stated a fact. If people have nothing to live for then why live? So they make things up in their mind to elude from reality. I can't tell you god isn't real for a fact. But i'm 98% sure. When people are having a bad day or feel they should live anymore (depressed) they pray because it gives them hope that their is better then what they are currently at.. I'll make a whole speach about this, I truely believe God or any other religion is not real.

So what do YOU do when you're having a bad day or if you're depressed hm?

Religion is just an excuse from reality? Guess what. Your Xbox is an excuse to get away from having a bad day. Can't say that it's much better than religion.

And by the way, what do you live for? Give me a nice straight answer, or else I'll ask, "Why live? You don't have anything to live for."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thoughts on Religion   thoughts on Religion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

thoughts on Religion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next