Epic World Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming SOON!HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inXat Chatbox
Latest topics
» I'M HERE
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:27 am by doctord00d

» Best Black Ops kill(s)?
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:06 pm by mikaylahj

» OFFICIAL GAME CAMPAIGN BETA:
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:03 pm by mikaylahj

» poznan apartamenty pomaranczarnia
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:47 am by Guest

» gdansk hotele stare miasto
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 2:57 pm by Guest

» jantar kwatery domki
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:58 pm by Guest

» The CPU Fan or something making a loud noise frequently, when i start it every morning. What may?
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:24 pm by Guest

» teen boys feeling boobs
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:56 pm by Guest

» noclegi krynica zdrój
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:01 pm by Guest

Top posters
PuritY (1468)
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics I_vote_lcapVentrilo Guide - The Basics I_voting_barVentrilo Guide - The Basics I_vote_rcap 
Red (1357)
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics I_vote_lcapVentrilo Guide - The Basics I_voting_barVentrilo Guide - The Basics I_vote_rcap 
Chieffan (1331)
KeaTon (1222)
KrustyBoBo (1193)
Henry (1176)
Bones44 (1130)
skeletor (879)
SmoothCopyCat (848)
DoCuMENTation (819)
Forum Clock
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Partners

HissingWorms TheForumsNG

Ventrilo Guide - The Basics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KiLLErMaN99
Tech Co-Leader
KiLLErMaN99

Ventrilo Guide - The Basics Empty
PostSubject: Ventrilo Guide - The Basics   Ventrilo Guide - The Basics I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:37 am

Alright this is on TheForums so I thought I'd share it with you guys also.

First off, welcome to my(KiLLErMaN99) guide to Ventrilo. This will cover the very basics and get you started on chatting with your friends here at [Insert Forum Name Here(Just Kidding)]. This thread will be getting bigger as I will be posting more advanced information about Ventrilo, but for now I will be sticking with the basics.

Step 1- Download Ventrilo

For step one you will need to go to:
http://ventrilo.com/
When you go there click on on download.
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics Eerl1

Step 2- Choosing your download type
For all windows users I would recommend clicking this
Mac users click this
Black: Do not click unless needed
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics X4kun9

Step 3- Setting up your Ventrilo Name(Part 1)
After downloading Ventrilo open it up and click on the arrow highlighted in red. This will start your setup for your name.
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics 27xmhyo

Step 4- Setting up your Ventrilo Name (Part 2)
If not prompted at first, click on New to setup your name. Type in your name and save it.
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics 2we9rhl

Step 5- Connecting to your Server (Part 1)
Click on the arrow to start your setup of connecting to your server.
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics 2mevnrq

Step 6- Connecting to your Server (Part 2)
If not prompted, click on new and type in your in the box provided. This will be the custom name you will give the server for each time you open up your Ventrilo Client.
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics Vnpjir

Step 7-Connecting to your Server (Part 3)
Now your ready to enter in the information that will let you connect to our server. Here is the information that you need to type in.
Hostname or IP: Server Address
Port: Server Port
When you enter these press ok and click connect. Congratulations, if you have passed this step that means that you have now connected to the server.
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics Sqjw21

Step 8- Setting up your Mic/Key Binds (Part 1)
The first thing you need to do is exit out of all the popups that show up when you clicked connect. Now go and click Setup.
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics 24ou6i8

Sep 9- Setting up your Mic/Key Binds (Part 2)
Now when you first look at this it should all seem confusing, but thanks to Ventrilo being nice, we should already have everything setup here. But just to make sure follow these things.
Make sure all these are checked
Change this to any key bind you like. This will be what you press when you want to talk.
Once you have confirmed these click OK.
Ventrilo Guide - The Basics 2evpzpv

OK PHEW! You've finally done everything you are finally ready to start talking. If you already have your mic plugged in just click your key binds, hold them down, and start talking. When you are done talking let them go. This is how you talk to each other on Ventrilo. Good luck on chatting guys and have a great time.

y3ll0w
Back to top Go down

Ventrilo Guide - The Basics
Page 1 of 1